Wednesday, February 10

RA-WHO?


Rajo Laurel
artwork on acetate: jujiin

"I LIKE DARK, STRANGE THINGS"
-RAJO LAUREL

RCXY's favorite collection from last years Metrowear, the moth-eaten jersey dress by Rajo Laurel was yesterday's cover for WWD. The pieces first came out in blue, then Preview Magazine editrix Pauline Suaco was seen wearing one in black. The white version has reached oversees and landed a cover. RCXY sends his hugs and big CONGRATULATIONS to designer and fellow blogger Mr. Rajo Laurel.

Rajo, a self-confessed entomophiliac, has always been inspired with, of all things, insects and with much interest, translated this obsession into glamorous wearable pieces. Now his latest cobweb-like material, dubbed "Insecticide," is now a world recognized piece.


Celebrity Rica Peralejo wore a Rajo bridal in the same material:




Manet Mercado wears Rajo at Metrowear



The WWD cover

I was at a meeting at Soms last night with Jujiin, Shahani and Rajo's Matet, discussing video details for Rajo's latest collection launch when we received a text that Rajo was on the cover of WWD. I can't help but feel elated and share the pride that another Pinoy has placed Philippines under the fashion map. It's humbling enough to work with your most respected designer, and now that he is world renowned, to collaborate with him is nakakabaliw. OA na 'to, Lord. According to Rajo's blog, he is set to launch his fall collection at Coterie (I hope I got the link right) in NYC, but before that, another Rajo show is set at the House of Laurel come this March. Shahani and Jujiin are producing the vid and I'd be the vid stylist. Hurrah for my girls! Oh wait, here's an insider's chica: I am now holding 4 pages of rough sketches BY Rajo Laurel. A sneak peek of the collection where I am to base my styling inspiration from. I could get sack for posting this pero excited as I am, I wanna build up the hype as early as now to get you all giddy and excited. Alam nyo naman , rcxyb.com claims to be always the first to spill all the firsts in Manila's fashion scene.
Going back to Rajo laurel's upcoming collection, one word: LATIN!

That's it! if you're a fan of Rajo, like me, you'd know that Rajo's interpretation of Latin doesn't start and end with ruffles. Just by looking the sketches, you know it's gonna be hot, sexy, and yes, ultra-glam.



Stay tuned if you wanna know more. :)

No comments: